Strawberries & Cream Oatmeal in a jar

I used to love those little packets of oatmeal.  Because they were so fast and easy, and already had the seasonings in there so all I had to do was add water.  Well, I have 5 kids.  So in order to feed my whole family with those silly little oatmeal packets that only make about 1/2 cup oatmeal...it takes about 20 packets!  Kind of silly.  Plus, then there is all of the added junk in the packets.

Now I can make my own DIY instant oatmeal for my family in a big jar!  It has all of the convenience and flavor, much less waste, and no junk mixed in there.  You get to control how much sugar goes in, and the fruit has a-mazing flavor!!  Plus it's non-GMO, no artificial colors and flavors or sugars.  So awesome!!

And...how awesome would this be to give as a gift to someone? Beautiful and healthy!  And so easy for someone to use.

Strawberries & Cream Oatmeal

serves 4

2 ½ c. Quick oats
¼ c. instant powdered milk
½ c. granulated sugar
½ tsp. vanilla powder (optional)
1 c. freeze-dried strawberry slices

Measure all ingredients in the order listed into a wide mouth quart sized mason jar. Place an oxygen absorption packet in the top of the jar, then put on a new lid and ring and close tightly.  Store away from light to ensure a longer shelf life.

Cooking Instructions:

Remove oxygen packet.  Dump contents of jar into a pan with 4 cups water.  Bring to a boil & simmer for 5-10 minutes.  Enjoy!

*This Strawberry recipe is the base that I generally use for all of my instant oatmeal recipes - we love to replace the strawberries with peaches, bananas or blueberries.   



Please be kind!  I spent hours working on this recipe to share with you.  If you’re going to share the recipe with others, please credit the recipe to me, by linking back to my blog. Don’t present this recipe as something you created yourself.  Thanks!


Comments