Chicken Broccoli Alfredo in a jar

I am constantly on the lookout for a good one-dish recipe that I can pre-assemble in a jar, to throw together when I don’t have time to go to the store, or take camping or give as a gift to someone.  When I went looking for a good meal-in-a-jar Chicken Broccoli Alfredo recipe, I couldn’t find one.  So I put this together.  My family all give it 5 stars – except for the one who doesn’t like broccoli.  


Chicken Broccoli Alfredo in a jar

serves 4

1 cup Freeze-dried seasoned chicken slices
½ cup Béchamel sauce mix (white sauce mix)
2 Tbsp. Sour cream powder
1 ½ tsp. Freeze-dried chopped onions
½ tsp. garlic powder
1 ½ tsp. Italian seasoning
1/2 tsp. Chef’s Choice seasoning
1 ½ tsp. Chicken bouillon
1 cup Freeze-dried Broccoli
1 cup Egg noodle pasta (add extra noodles if there is space!)

½ cup Parmesan cheese, added at the time you are cooking (you can pre-measure into a separate little jar or baggie)

In a wide mouth jar, measure all of the ingredients in the order listed above, except for the Parmesan cheese.  Place an oxygen absorption packet in the top of the jar, then put on a new lid and ring.  Attach a label with cooking instructions (below) to the lid.  Store away from light and heat to ensure a longer shelf life.

Cooking Instructions:

Dump the contents of the jar in a saucepan with 4 cups of cold water.  Then let it sit in the water for 10 minutes, before turning on the stove.  (This step is really important to allow the big pieces of chicken time to soak up the water.  If you skip this step, you will end up with dry bites of chicken and you will be disappointed!)  Bring to a boil on the stove, then turn it down to low and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.  (Add additional water if necessary.)  Add the Parmesan cheese to the mixture and cook for 5 more minutes, stirring frequently until noodles are soft and cheese is incorporated.

Please be kind!  I spent hours working on this recipe to share with you.  If you’re going to share the recipe with others, please credit the recipe to me, by linking back to my blog. Don’t present this recipe as something you created yourself.  Thanks!

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Hi! Great question! I find that generally speaking, the meals in the quart-size jars feed about 4 people with average appetites. When I cook these up for dinner, I usually plan on including something else on the side to fill out the menu, such as a salad or breadsticks.

      Delete

Post a Comment