Busy Day Beef Stew in a jar

Ok, people. I have another delicious meal in a jar recipe for you. I made it for my family last night, and everyone loved it! The best part was that I wasn't home long enough to actually prepare the soup - you know, cook meat, chop veggies, etc. All I had time to do was turn on the stove and dump the contents of the jar into the pot of water. Then while it was simmering, I was running around, taking care of kids needs and getting ready to leave for the night. Even though I was gone the rest of the evening, my family all had a delicious, hearty stew for dinner!

This recipe, like all of my meals in jar recipes, is a great make-ahead meal for busy days (like mine!!), or as a gift (who wouldn't love to be given a dinner as a gift?!?), or to leave with the kids to put on a meal while you're out on date night, or to take camping. I'm officially hooked on doing dinners like these!





Busy Day Beef Stew in a jar
(serves 4)

1 ½ tsp. garlic powder
1 ½ tsp. Italian seasoning


Layer everything in a 1 quart mason jar.  Dump contents of jar into 6 cups of cold water in a sauce pan and stir.  Heat to a boil, stirring occasionally, then continue to simmer for about 20 minutes until everything is soft. 


Comments